We are growing! Wilson Produce, a leader in the North American produce industry since the 1930's, is seeking a Sales Manager for our award-winning headquarters in Nogales, Arizona. We are a vertically-integrated grower-packer-shipper of fresh fruits and vegetables from Mexico committed to food safety, social and environmental responsibility. Our own farms are certified organic or in transition under regenerative agricultural practices. We have an excellent team and are looking for an experienced salesperson to help us grow to the next level in sustainable, affordable, organic produce.
We are looking for a produce rock star! We need a Sales Manager to grow our team and help us reach our goals!
As a Sales Manager, you will increase the company’s sales growth by bringing your own customer portfolio. You will also provide service to new and existing customers and contribute to new and innovative ways to market the Wilson Produce brand.
- Increase sales through effective business development and strong relationships with new and existing customers.
- Collaborate with Senior Management to create and attain budgeted sales and profit goals for account base.
- Provide the highest level of integrity and promote a positive company image inside and outside the organization.
- Proactively achieve sales and profit goals by evaluating and responding to the changing needs of customers.
- Identify new sales opportunities within existing accounts.
- Visit and contact customers on a regular basis.
- Closely monitor the market and competition and advise management on changes in the market (i.e. competitive pricing, new products, etc.).
- Work collaboratively with sales team members and warehouse staff to ensure optimal customer service and support.
- 5-10 or more years of sales experience in produce sales.
- Self-motivated team player with demonstrated success in building sales.
- Ability to learn systems to do special pricing or input special orders, as needed.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural skills to communicate between grower-partners and customers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and capable of making “cold” calls, as needed.
- Fluency in English and Spanish required.
- Great selling and interpersonal skills.
- Leadership ability.
- Forecasting & planning.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
- Decent PC skills and ability to learn company systems.
- Analytical; strong attention to detail.
- Cultural fit.
- Outstanding customer service.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.