Washington Fruit was incorporated in 1916 by Fred B. Plath to grow, pack and ship apples, pears and peaches from the Yakima Valley. In the 1950s we started growing cherries for fresh packing. By the early 1970s we decided to remove our peach acreage to focus our energies on apples, pears and cherries only.
We are looking for a Fruit and Produce Sales Manager in Yakima, WA.
The Washington Fruit and Produce Sales Manager is responsible for overseeing the sales function and staff. This is a salaried, non-exempt position reporting to the President and CEO.
- Manages the sales team members and gives clear direction, training and support to enable them to be successful.
- Helps develop a culture of teamwork throughout the sales team through common purpose and alignment.
- Serves as a role model through actions and behaviors.
- Accepts complete accountability for position responsibilities.
- Motivates team to consider and anticipate others’ needs and creates an environment which values and fosters a collaboration.
- Articulate and succinct in communication with diverse parties on critical or sensitive issues.
- Approaches sales with a technical consulting strategy.
- Tracks and analyzes customer sales history and purchasing trends.
- Provides input as to relevant market information, strategies, visions and goals.
- Attends industry and customer specific trade shows, conferences and meetings.
- Recruits new team members; evaluates and manages staff performance, including discipline and terminations.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Three to five years’ managerial experience.
- Three to five years in produce sales and or agriculture industries.
- Experience using robust technologies and state of the art web-based platforms.
- Possess a strong work ethic and be highly motivated, use sound judgment, diplomacy and discretion.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Experience using and analyzing data to make data-driven decisions.
- Strong alignment with our values of Quality, Integrity and Hard Work.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.