We are currently seeking two Greenhouse Supervisors, one in Marfa, Tx. and one in Permian Basin, Tx. This individual will assist the management team in all phases of the greenhouse, and support pack house operations.
10 % Assist with the responsibility for all aspects of the crop including quality
5 % Assist with the management of all environmental, irrigation, and fertilization controls.
65 % Assist in overseeing labor force management and cost.
10 % Assist in maintaining costs against budget.
5 % Participate in team meetings with other Supervisors.
5 % Communicate with Senior Management on all aspects of the greenhouse.
In addition to performing the the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor, based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Has in charge responsibility during absence of Assistant Greenhouse Facility Manager
- May be assigned direct responsibility for a specific section of the greenhouse
- Support Packhouse operation
- Assist in maintaining a clean, efficient, professional, and safe site at all time (in/out).
The Greenhouse Supervisor will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned. Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Village Farms International, Inc. from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Serve as a second in command in his/her area of responsibility
- Assist in all activities connected to the site
- Assist with conducting meetings of greenhouse staff on a regular basis
- Assist with making sure all documentation required is done on time
- Must be able to lead by example and follow all company rules and regulations
- Assist with weekend duties.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety.
- The Company will provide the required PPE.
- Employees will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE.
- It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly to your Supervisor.
Positions that report directly to this position:
- Greenhouse Workers
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill & Ability:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Must have good command of the English language, oral and written
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Ability to exercise professional judgment and decision-making
- Excellent computer skills
- Bachelors Degree in Horticulture or related field preferred
- One year of applicable experience is required
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.