Class A Drivers
IMMEDIATE DRIVER OPENINGS
Multiple Shifts Available
(Late Night Shift, Early Mornings)
As a family-owned and operated business, Veg-Fresh Farms’ mission is to provide the freshest, healthiest, best-tasting produce to our customers. We have built our reputation on commitment to the highest standards in food safety and sustainability, while focusing on our customer’s interests and providing innovative solutions to expand their business.
Responsible for the timely delivery of produce to Veg-Fresh Farms Produce customers in the greater Los Angeles area. Rotate their coolers if applicable, process paperwork accurately, follow driver safety rules and provide professional customer service. Assist in the warehouse loading trucks, palletizing product, pulling orders and performing other duties at the request of the dispatcher or manager.
Drivers will be required to pass drug-testing and furnish a clean driving record.
- Run routes efficiently and within designated route times.
- Rotate merchandise when required.
- Maintain contact with customer service throughout the delivery day.
- Handle company equipment properly, follow written driver safety rules, and compliance with DOT regulations.
- Report accidents and injuries and any damage to equipment immediately.
- Assist in shipping and loading trucks for second runs and palletize product.
- Unloading and restacking of product.
- Handle customer complaints professionally and in a timely manner.
- Follow all preferred work methods as designated by position.
- Work overtime if required by the dispatcher or manager in compliance with DOT regulations.
- Perform other duties as requested by the dispatcher or manager.
- Class-A License with impeccable driving record.
- Two- years’ experience driving a straight truck or tractor trailer for deliveries and distribution.
- Knowledge of the geographical area and understanding of GPS technology.
- Competent driving skills in all weather: snow, rain.
- Previous power industrial equipment experience preferred
- Must be available for early morning start times, holidays, and weekends.
- Experience in handling money and maintaining organized records.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.