We are looking for a highly-detailed and organized Head Grower who can think outside of the box and help drive Urban Produce forward to become the leader in sustainable agriculture.
The Head Grower is a leadership position within Urban Produce. Ultimately the product quality, fulfillment and contract labor management will be this leader’s responsibility. This leader is responsible for insuring that Urban Produce products are cutting edge leading the industry in quality, freshness and taste.
As a Head Grower you will bridge the gaps and be the main point of command between growers, staff labor, and operations. You are responsible for ensuring that all communications between these departments are communicated clearly and in a timely manner. You will report to the president of Urban Produce.
- Track all products from the time they are seeded to the time they arrive to our customers; make sure that the quantity shipped matches PO’s and that products meet quality standards.
- Manage all contract labor and shifts, ensuring budget and hours are monitored and maintained accordingly.
- Ensure effectiveness of contract/staff labor from seeding and prep to harvesting and packing.
- Ensure that we have all the materials needed for packaging and labeling.
- Keep track of inventory and product quality.
- Report findings to internal departments and growers.
- Collaborate with internal departments and growers on forecasting and planning.
- Provide timely responses to grower questions and offer solutions to handle problems.
- Manage supplier relationships periodically through regular communications.
- Ensure that suppliers clearly understand expectations and meet agreed-upon volume, logistics scheduling and quality.
- Ability to exercise professional judgement and decision-making.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned by management.
- Bachelors in Horticulture or related field.
- Fluent in Spanish.
- Strong customer focus with professional demeanor.
- Self-motivated and multi-task focused.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, under pressure while remaining flexible.
- Able to set priorities and meet deadlines while accomplishing team objectives.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to resolve issues appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Able to develop and maintain effective, positive internal/external working relationships with a diverse group of individuals.
- Strong computer skills, including Internet, MS Outlook, Word and Excel; PowerPoint a plus; competent to learn and adapt to new computer applications, system upgrades and other technology, as necessary.
- Good verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to work closely with management and team members to resolve problems and issues.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.