A produce company in the Portland, Oregon area is seeking an Operations Manager. The right candidate for this position will be responsible for all aspects of building operations including shipping, delivery, receiving, sanitation, inventory control standards, and compliance for safe work practice while ensuring a safe work environment for all team members and a high degree of accuracy and quality as it relates to customer service.
- Tracking productivity goals by shift, area, and department.
- Training, developing and coaching hourly staff members.
- Managing dignity, respect and code of conduct in accordance with company policies.
- Maintaining accountability for operations safety, inventory and order accuracy, production and shift performance, sanitation and training.
- Setting up the shift goals and initiating plans to improve shift performance.
- Controlling costs while still maintaining high produce quality and service standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain or Operations Management or equivalent work experience.
- Management experience in distribution, warehousing or supply chain required.
- Team relations experience (i.e., coaching/counseling experience).
- Working knowledge of a PC to include Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Ability to use both verbal and written communication clearly and effectively.
- Operational knowledge to identify trends and changes to the business to adjust accordingly.
- Ability to benchmark, report, and summarize key metrics at a high level while accounting for root causes to performance.
- Working knowledge to meet compliance requirements of Federal and State regulatory guidelines.
- Ability to organize and prioritize both company needs and individual staff members.
- Effective and strong commitment to team with schedule flexibility to meet company needs as needed.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.