Produce Sales Representative
There are few things in life that please people more than the succulence of quality fresh fruit and vegetables. At TUMI PRODUCE we work to deliver the world’s freshest, choicest, and juiciest produce to discerning customers across the USA.
We are looking for a Sales Representative in New York or homebased out of New York State.
The sales representative is responsible for managing existing accounts, establishing new accounts, interfacing with production and providing great customer service.
- Establish new accounts and build upon existing.
- Proactively and professionally handle day to day sales.
- Manage customer satisfaction by handling customer requests and ensuring great customer service.
- Manage order entry and maintenance in computer system.
- Professionally represent our company with the highest level of integrity while promoting a positive company image inside and outside the organization.
- Attend industry and customer specific trade shows, conferences, and events to meet with prospective and current customers and identify new prospect customers.
- Consistently participate in monitoring aging product inventory and sell accordingly.
- Drive promotions and coordinate with operations relative to volumes, packs and ship-dates.
- Hold customers accountable to price, volume and date range commitments.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in FOB produce sales.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Proven track record of new business development experience.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and superior customer service skills.
- Detail Oriented.
- Team player.
- Willing to travel.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.