Key Account Manager
Founded in 1999 by Chalmers and Lori Anne Carr, Titan Farms is a premier grower, packer, and shipper of fresh peaches and vegetables. The company is a category leader with a reputation for quality products and people and is developing a dynamic sales team to further enhance its growth. Titan Farms is committed to producing the highest quality peaches and vegetables thus achieving the highest customer satisfaction.
Titan Farms’ state of the art operations and focus on teamwork embodies integrity, progressive agricultural practices in a safe and wholesome work environment.
Since 2014, the team at Titan Farms has made significant changes to our organization which include bringing the sales team in house and building a state-of-the-art operations facility to better serve our customers. We are growing more than just produce: we are growing relationships with our customers as well as our team. We are looking for a dynamic addition to our team who will help lead us into a successful 2017!
Titan Farms is seeking an experienced Key Account Manager in Sales to be based out of our Ridge Spring, SC office located on the farm. This person will maximize produce sales with assigned customer list (and new customers). They will also develop a strategic plan with management for aggressive growth, customer development, and serve as a consultant to customer base for complete product line.
The qualified individual will be enthusiastic and outgoing with the ability to multitask. Knowledge of FOB sales and commodity management is a must, with a focus on vegetables and peaches. The position will be part of an energetic sales team responsible for the development of Titan Farms’ aggressive growth plan. The ideal candidate will be a self-started, vibrant communicator with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced business and a desire to dive deep into customer service.
- FOB produce sales and account management to existing and new customers.
- Meet established sales goals for accounts and develop on-going strategies within each account.
- Manage daily/weekly supply and demand to clear projected harvest while optimizing profitability.
- Vegetable commodity management – help develop category with sales team for seasonal programs and oversee daily inventory.
- Understand and manage daily pricing with projected market declines and increases, projecting seasonal pricing.
- Provide sales support and superior customer service to new and existing customers.
- Communicate internally and externally to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
- Maintain and increase the sales of Titan’s entire product line to all accounts.
- Participate and attend selected trade shows, industry events while upholding company integrity.
- Understand and minimize loss to the company regarding short pays, account receivables, PAS, and other collection efforts.
- Communicate and interact with farm management and operations team for timely movement of all products, advising them of market conditions.
- Demonstrate positive company positioning and serve as a consultant to customers.
- Other duties as requested by senior management.
- 3+ years’ experience in the fresh produce industry.
- Experience in marketing, pricing, and selling to a large customer base.
- Have a track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals.
- Should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with computer competency.
- Understanding of iTrade and Foodlink and the ability to learn and successfully maneuver in other vendor portals as needed.
- Understanding of basic P.A.C.A regulations and rules for good arrival.
- Logistics experience and knowledge of both FOB and delivered basis.
- Strong sense of urgency and excellent customer service skills are key factors in the success of this role.
- Growth and sales oriented and the ability to work and succeed in a team atmosphere.
- Acute attention to detail and accuracy.
- Drive and motivation to generate new business, and maintain current relationships.
- Highly proficient in Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- On-site position in Ridge Spring, South Carolina.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.