Terra Exports is a multicultural, entrepreneurial, leading global fruit trader, importer, packer, and shipper.
We are currently searching for a dynamic Produce Broker who is passionate about fruit and has a reputation for being a star performer to join our company. As a broker you will be responsible for sales and customer satisfaction. This role requires collaboration with our domestic sales team, to expand efforts into wholesale, food-service, and retail accounts in the United States and Canada.
This position requires selling both our own inventory while also sourcing from other suppliers.
Location can be either based in our Las Vegas office or work remotely (home office).
This is a commission-based position (negotiable/DOE).
- Business Development: New and Current Accounts.
- Proactively create contract, FOB, delivered, and program sales.
- Provide superior customer service to new and existing customers.
- Identify and strategically pursue opportunities based on industry trends.
- Develop strategies with the domestic team to better serve customers.
- Track and analyze customer sales history and purchasing trends.
- Complete and maintain accurate records of all customer sales.
- Attend industry and customer specific trade shows, conferences, and meetings with prospective and existing customers.
- Assist in AR management.
- Produce brokering experience, minimum 2 years.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
- Must have an existing book of customers and/or suppliers.
- Proven sales managerial success.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral.
- Domestic travel on a need basis.
- Import experience a plus.
- Bilingual highly encouraged.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills and able to work well with others.
The ideal candidate is self-driven, highly motivated and eager to grow the business. This is not your typical 9-5 job. Your commitment to the customer is imperative.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.