Raw Material Procurement Manager
At Taylor Farms, our 10,000 employees, who include our 2,000 Salinas based Retail Team, care about the quality and name that is on our products. It is through their hard work that we are able to deliver the best quality products to local grocery stores daily. Our success would not be possible without our dedicated team and we are grateful to have each one as part of our Taylor Farms Family.
We are looking to add a Raw Material Procurement Manager to the team in Salinas, CA.
This person will coordinate the purchase and delivery of all needed raw materials and ingredients on a just-in-time basis to satisfy the daily/weekly demand schedules of the plant production department. Ensure that all raw materials purchased will meet established quality specifications and budgeted costs. Collaborate daily with plant operations on raw material demand planning and forecasts. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, raw product forecasting/budgeting, grower supply chain development, harvest material optimization, production usage and inventory management. Person should be a constant facilitator of raw procurement efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Ability to procure and deliver large quantities of high-value, raw product in a fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for placing purchase orders and verifying vendor performance and accuracy on arrival.
- Must be able to effectively communicate raw availability and forecasts to key members of the operations management team.
- Develop effective forecasting tools for both raw product and sales information.
- Build relationships with existing vendors and develop prospective suppliers to keep up with demand and drive down costs.
- Support sales and product development teams in the procurement of new or unique varieties.
- Must demonstrate leadership and be familiar with procurement and production processes.
- Demonstrate ability to problem solve efficiently with minimal oversight.
- Must be a self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit.
- 1-5 years-experience in procurement or an operations environment.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
- Some travel may be required.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.