Label Regulatory Specialist
At Taylor Farms, our 10,000 employees, who include our 2,000 Salinas based Retail Team, care about the quality and name that is on our products. It is through their hard work that we are able to deliver the best quality products to local grocery stores daily. Our success would not be possible without our dedicated team and we are grateful to have each one as part of our Taylor Farms Family.
We are looking to add a Label Regulatory Specialist to the team in Annapolis Junction, Maryland.
The Label Regulatory Specialist is responsible for developing new and revised product labeling. This Label Regulatory Specialist must possess ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations in a fast-paced environment. Ability to interpret FDA and USDA CFR ‘s with respect to its impact on product labeling. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral, schematic, or schedule form.
- Assists departmental management in the preparation, submission, and maintenance of all labeling/labeling-related projects.
- Assist in the preparation of new and revised product labeling. This includes: creating original electronic labeling; revising existing labeling in response to FDA and/or USDA comment, to make minor or editorial changes, or as a result of changes in FDA/USDA regulations.
- Submission of original or revised electronic labeling, as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the FDA and USDA CFR regulations.
- Coordinate labeling revisions and the scheduling of receipt of Final Printed Labeling (FPL) with the Label Control Departments.
- Respond to labeling requests from other departments, such as Customer Service, Sales & Marketing, Legal, etc.
- Respond to labeling requests from customer.
- Responsible for the maintenance of a database to track the labeling history of each product.
- Research information pertaining to marketing applications through the navigation of FDA and/or USDA submissions and regulatory documentation systems.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent).
- Understanding of the Title 21 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Title 9 of Code of Federal Regulations, various FDA Guidance’s for Industry, various USDA Guidance’s for industry along with knowledge of the regulatory process pertaining to labeling.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the food industry or related field is required. However, a combination of experience and/or education will be taken into consideration.
- Problem solving – the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Planning/organizing – the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Complete attention to detail – the individual demonstrates a high degree of accuracy and thoroughness, very detailed oriented, monitors own work to ensure quality, and uses feedback to improve performance.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite applications.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Travel requirements may vary and subject to change. Travel estimated at 10-20%
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.