Market Team Member
Target is looking for motivated, energized grocery specialists to work in our dry and fresh grocery departments. Our team is looking for grocery experts (at least 1 prior year of grocery experience) who are excited to deliver exceptional service, the freshest grocery products, and a clean, distraction free shopping environment. The grocery experts that work best on our team like early mornings, fast-paced work environments, are very reliable and have a good sense of humor!
If you want to work for the best team in retail and flex your grocery knowledge, Target is the right fit for you.
- Be sales-focused by offering to start a fitting room or provide a shopping cart/basket for guest
- Respond quickly to requests for guest assistance
- Grow sales by maintaining merchandise, signs, and labels on the sales floor
- Support transitions; follow pre-transition merchandising guidelines and adhere to street dates for new merchandise
- Follow food safety guidelines while cleaning, displaying, handling, and storing food items
- Unload, move, palletize and stock cartons with speed and accuracy
- Follow food safety guidelines when stocking and handling food items
- Contribute to an inclusive, diverse, safe and secure culture; create an environment of openness, trust and recognition
- Collaborate and work as one team
- Share ideas, issues and concerns openly with your leader(s)
- Be available to welcome and train new team members
- Work safely and maintain a clean, safe store for our guests and team
- Cheerful and helpful attitude toward guests and other team members; demonstrates Fast, Fun and Friendly.
- Must be able to learn and adapt to current technology needs
- Able to think quickly on the spot to resolve guest questions
- Able to work independently
- Able to key information on computers and PDA keyboard
- Able to scan and handle all merchandise
- Able to accurately handle cash register operations and cash transaction
- Able to climb and descend ladder
- Able to lift 40 lbs
- Able to place and arrange items on all shelves and racks on selling floor.
- Able to move merchandise with appropriate equipment (e.g., tubs, carts and flats) to and from stockroom and sales floor.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.