Today, Tanimura & Antle farms over 30,000 acres of rich, fertile farmland and ships a full line of premium fresh produce throughout North America, Europe and Asia.
We are looking to add a Benefits Specialist to our team in Salinas, CA.
- Processes and reconciles medical, dental, and vision claims and eligibility (as well as employee reimbursements), including the Mexican Panel Insurance Plan.
- Prepares and distributes required notices (e.g., COBRA, HIPAA) and tracks COBRA payments.
- Monitors HIPPA compliance.
- Processes and monitors (including following up with employee) FMLA, Pregnancy Disability and leave of absence and informs the employee’s supervisor as needed.
- Processes employee’s FSA and HSA contributions.
- Collaborate with third parties and internal partners to obtain status of benefit claims, address discrepancies and provide information in non-routine situations.
- Reviews and takes the necessary actions on weekly sleeper reports and benefit plan vendors notifications.
- Performs the necessary activities (start, during and end of season) to ensure that employee’s benefits are being fully maximized.
- Ensures the timely distribution of 401(k) checks.
- Ensures the availability of accurate benefit information materials at all Human Resource offices.
- Consistently evaluates and reports on system efficiencies and proposed benefit changes.
- Works in conjunction and acts as a backup to the Benefit Support Associate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- AA degree and/or five years of experience in benefits desired.
- Bi-lingual, bi-literate in English/Spanish.
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to be flexible and meet established deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with JD Edwards, a plus.
- Travel to our different harvest areas.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Familiarity with applicable state and federal regulations (COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, etc.).
- Ability to resolve issues effectively in a professional and timely manner.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.