Sales Account Executive
Founded in 1991, Sunrise Produce Company was created to meet the growing and diverse needs of Southern California foodservice and restaurant operators for premium fresh produce, specialty distribution, and dairy.
Our dedicated team, many of whom have promoted from within and been with Sunrise Produce for many years, continually search for ways to improve our service and meet the unique needs of each customer. Our reputation for superior service and product knowledge is reflected in the daily performance of each and every Sunrise Produce team member.
We are currently searching for a Sales Account Executive to join our team in Ventura, CA.
As a Sales Account Executive you are responsible for promoting company products and services to Executive Chefs, F&B Directors and Food Service operators. You will look after the company’s clients as well as keep the company’s client relationships at a high standard.
- Develop and manage established as well as new customers, by selling food items to achieve sale and profitability goals.
- Primary areas of responsibilities are selling, and developing an assigned territory.
- Utilizing other resources to assist with top penetration opportunities and new account openings.
- Develop and grow existing customers and maximize profitable sales; make sales presentations to all customers on an agreed-upon and consistent basis.
- Manage deliveries to the routing schedule assigned but the transportation department.
- Troubleshoot any problems that occur during the order process: (e.g., personally deliver shorted product directly to customer, delivery mispicks).
- Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary, working with the credit department and client; collect all balance due based on approved credit terms.
- Research customer business needs and development mix of products and service to meet needs.
- Evaluate market trends, recommend food products to customers, and utilize sampling and product cuttings, based on business needs and goals.
- Answer customer’s questions about products, prices, availability, and product uses.
- Provide product information and practical training to customer personnel.
- Be informed of market conditions, product innovations, and competitors’ products, prices and sales; share information with customers as part of value-added services provided.
- Develop new business; identify prospective customers by utilizing market intelligence databases, as well as business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
- Participate in division activities (e.g., sales meetings, food shows, promotion programs) in order to promote sales, increase product knowledge, and maintain good customer relations.
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, maintaining.
- Sales records, preparing price quotes and menu suggestions, and filing reports.
- Business or culinary degree welcomed.
- Food-related sales / culinary and/or restaurant work experience welcomed.
- Experience with customer service, outside sales, territory management, client relationship management, prospecting, negotiating, and presenting.
- Proven success in a sales role in which leads were self-developed.
- Understanding of lead generation, qualification, and selling.
- Self-confidence, solid sales acumen, good organizational skills, analytical and creative mind-set, strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact with clients at all levels, to act quickly and decisively, to work independently and deliver results.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.