Stemilt Growers is a leading tree fruit company based in Wenatchee, Washington. Owned and operated by the Mathison family, Stemilt grows, packs, ships, and markets fresh apples, pears, cherries, peaches, nectarines, and apricots to stores worldwide. We are proud to be a leading organic fruit supplier and the largest sweet cherry shipper in the nation.
We are looking for a Palletizing Supervisor in Wenatchee, Washington!
- Must be able to work in cross functional Stemilt teams.
- Knowledge of box handling, machinery and supplies.
- Ability to terminate or promote employees in job functions.
- Knowledge of personnel management, hiring procedures and SQF/HACCP.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and personnel interactive skills.
- Must have computer, technical, and mechanical skills.
- Ability to perform detailed functions and make quick informative decisions during high pressure.
- Completion of Stemilt Growers, LLC Safety program.
- Must be able to work in a cold room atmosphere (34° F).
- 2 years' college education or equivalent experience desired.
- Ability to develop and work within budget limitations.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus but not required.
- Must have strong supervisor skills.
- Supervise, train, and hire personnel.
- Discipline employees when needed.
- Complete appropriate administrative paperwork.
- Resolve problems as they arise.
- Complete scheduling according to other department requirements.
- Read running orders and give instructions.
- Good communication with managers, mechanics, shipping and vendors.
- Maintain focus on goals and objectives for self and staff.
- Maintain and develop standard operating procedures.
- Be an example and advocate of the Stemilt Handbook and Stemilt Safety programs.
- This position can encompass other than the specified duties listed above.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.