We are hiring a Maintenance Electrician to join our team in Corvallis, Oregon.
The mission for this position is to conduct, maintain, test and repair electrical/electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components. Apply knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and applies skills in restoring equipment to operation as required to keep plant and equipment functional to meet needs of the food processing plants and farm operations.
- Equipment maintenance & repair-Diagnose problems, codes, execute necessary repairs.
- Prepare and set up machinery for scheduled production runs.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required repairs, maintenance and service.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment during production.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervisor.
- Provide routine information to and solicit situation specific information company wide from employees, managers and external relationships and general inquiries.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Three to five years of verifiable experience or any combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to handle the position.
- Degree or certification in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance a plus. Mechanic/Electrician Oregon Building Codes LME or LMPJ license.
- PLC and food processing experience a plus.
- NH3 refrigeration experience desirable but not required.
- Strong troubleshooting in electrical and mechanical skills required.
- Flexibility on work schedule to meet requirements of harvest.
- Ability to operate independently within defined parameters with little or no supervision.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.