Senior Procurement Manager
- Involved in and oversees all produce purchases for the California Warehouse (Colton)
- Acts as the liaison between the Vice President of Produce Procurement and the procurement staff
- Helps define and enforce buying practices to meet communicated inventory turns goals
- Collects and coordinates promotional offerings for all price and item versions
- Responsible for replenishment of assigned categories and commodities
- Communicate promotional and seasonal plans and execution strategies to the buying team
- Coordinates objectives and directions from the Vice President of Produce Procurement
- Uses historical data and forecasting tools to support future business initiatives.
- Reinforces ordering best practices to support service level expectations for all categories
- Manages the tracking of vendor performance in the areas of fill rates, rejections, timeliness, etc.
- Ensures consistency in quality through support of defined product standards and specifications
- Communicates with various company personnel, vendors and other customers. Responds to issues and concerns in a timely manner
- Shares department gross margin objectives through influence on timely price change maintenance, inventory position relative to market conditions, adherence to defined product specs, and promotional allowances.
- Assists in team relations and development including; training, performance evaluations, conflict resolution and discipline in concert with Human Resources Department.
- Works directly with the Regional Produce Trainers and Store Operations Team in support of market and availability updates, special orders, and general service level reviews
- Other duties as assigned
- Mentors and trains the procurement team around proper techniques of inventory management, vendor negotiations, inventory turns and order planning, communication, systems, and leadership skills.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.