Somerfield Farms is an innovative, full service marketing company whose primary focus is on the berry industry; however, we are looking to grow our product line to other commodities as well. We have developed a proprietary and industry-leading food safety program and systems that give us a unique and competitive advantage, and have the most advanced grower management solution in the industry.
We are looking for a Sales and Corporate Account Development person, who will be responsible for developing new business accounts as well as working with key existing customers to meet our annual sales goals and strategies. This position will report directly to the President.
- Develop new business and work to maintain existing customer relationship.
- Create new sales strategies and programs.
- Develop sales plan by region or customer
- Monitor the market conditions for pricing and new products, as well as competitors' prices, products and sales.
- Work well with existing team to meet daily goals and provide a high level of service to growers, buyers and consumers.
- Applicant will be key point of contact for accounts and must be able to clearly communicate any problems that arise around product, pricing, supply and demand.
- Report on monthly sales activity and business opportunities directly to management.
- Travel will be required for in-person meetings with customers and also to represent the company during industry specific events and trade shows.
- Conduct business with the highest ethics and level of integrity always.
- Prior experience selling to chain and national accounts.
- Self-starter with ability to set and achieve goals with limit direction or assistance.
- Must be good with time management and planning skills to manage business in a fast paced environment and cover multiple regions.
- Must possess in-depth knowledge of produce industry, customer service, sales concepts.
- Ability to recognize and move on opportunities to expand business with new, key customers.
- Must be personable with great communication skills and the ability to negotiate and close sales.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, Google Docs, Excel, Email and Power-Point)
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 4+ years min in produce sales or directly related job experience such as Food Service related to fresh produce.
- Must be able to handle multiple territories and regions.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
- Public speaking experiences a plus.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.