Outside Sales Associate
Since 1908, Seashore Fruit and Produce Co. has served the New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Delaware area with unparalleled quality, commitment to service and competitive pricing. With facilities located in Atlantic City, NJ and Penns Grove, NJ, Seashore is positioned to service the needs of our valued customers. Today, Seashore is poised for continued growth.
We are currently looking for an Outside Sales Associate to develop new customers and to continue working with existing customers.
- Actively seek out new accounts maintain and build more business with existing accounts
- Be able to read a route manifest
- Follow “Local Target Account” system
- Have comprehensive and reactive skills to be adapt to a changing environment
- Significant travel to individual accounts, including “ride along” Regional Sales Managers
- Relationship development and maintenance of key national, regional, and independent accounts
- Utilize customer service skills to ensure that customers are kept satisfied with the company
- Communicate the maintenance of sales files to the correct contact involved in the company
- Be able to complete and track expense reports
- Have an extensive knowledge of produce
- Take direction from supervisors and be able to implement corporate iniatives directives into daily routines
- Coordinate with other department heads on inter-departmental matters as they affect sales
- Be outgoing and friendly to attract customers
- Use of computer skills and be able to use the Thyme inventory system
- Communicate with the customers to ensure that the orders customers are ordering and receiving the product that the customer wants and needs
- Take customer’s orders and write the order for the customer
- Knowledgeable of all SQF & HACCP, Facility Security and Crisis Management Plans
- Perform related duties as required by supervision
- Bachelor degree in Marketing/Sales or two to four (2-4) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Extensive produce knowledge, including warehousing, storage and shipping
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience on Accounting Software or similar software
- Capable of resolving conflicts with customers
- Ability to resolve conflict issues with employees directly reporting to this position
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be a team player
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.