Senior Sales Executive
C.H. Robinson—accelerating careers with immense opportunities and professional growth within the global supply chain industry. Start here. Accelerate here.
Every individual working at C.H. Robinson is integral to the success of our customers and our company. C.H. Robinson is a Fortune 500, global company that values teamwork, initiative, accountability, and integrity from its employees. We work globally and innovate daily to enhance and execute supply chains that move goods around the world. The fast pace of the logistics industry translates into a high-energy and collaborative workplace environment. We are empowered to make decisions, help our customers grow, and accelerate our careers.
No matter the product being shipped or from which corner of the globe, C.H. Robinson can help make it happen—quickly, securely, and reliably. Through personal connections and solid relationships, our employees use their in-depth knowledge, robust tools, and global network to help customers reach their goals quickly. Whether shipping by plane, rail, ship, or truck, C.H. Robinson has the knowledge, flexibility, and dedication to deliver the goods that make our world go ‘round.
Join the 12,000 employees worldwide who are accelerating their careers at C.H. Robinson.
As a Senior Sales Executive within Robinson Fresh (a division of C.H. Robinson), you’ll be responsible for generating new customers, building customer relationships and driving new business across the Southeast region by leveraging our full suite of transactional and strategic logistics and product services related to fresh produce, warehouse and transportation. This is a role for a strategic and ambitious hunter, in which you’ll be targeting companies of $60-$400 million in gross sales, primarily within the retail, food service and wholesale verticals, to promote and sell our products and services in accordance with organizational sales policies and processes, and in pursuit of established objectives.
- Prospect with a "hunter" mentality, combining knowledge of prospective customers with best practices to gain access to key stakeholders
- Independently qualify potential sales opportunities to include the full scope of customer potential
- Lead face-to-face meetings and proposals with customers at all levels (C, V, D and M)
- Design and develop tailored solutions to customers focused on delivering value and supporting the customer’s business.
- Create an internal team of Subject Matter Experts to drive effective deal strategies
- Engage internal resources on pricing strategy and account implementation plans to ensure customer service and operational excellence
- Engage in self-development and training opportunities, both internal and external
- Mentor and advise junior sales team members
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of experience
- 3 years’ minimum sales experience in the fresh produce industry
- Knowledge of broad-line produce industry (wholesale, food service)
- Experience in logistics/supply chain preferred
- Aggressive, competitive, resilient attitude with a strong work ethic
- Willingness and demonstrated ability to sell both Inside (phone and email solicitation) & Outside (face-to-face meetings, proposals, closings)
- Experience with CRM systems, e.g. SalesForce to manage opportunities
- Strategic orientation, relationship building, negotiation skills, and business acumen
- Strong communication skills and able to liaise across all levels, including C-suite
- Ability to collaborate internally with all levels of sales resources and other team resources
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Travel up to 20% (limited overnight travel)
We offer a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid holidays and vacation, disability insurance, life insurance, 401K with company match, profit sharing, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and the opportunity to prosper in a growing Fortune 500 company.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.