RJ Produce Inc. is a leading grower shipper of fruits and vegetables. Delivering quality is our mission, we sell only the best quality product. Our growing season is year-round on most items; therefore, we have most our products available to ship at all times. We supply large volumes of the highest quality fruits and vegetables to a wide variety of businesses throughout the U.S. and Mexico.
Our commitment to quality and exceptional service is our guarantee to each and every customer. We ensure only the highest standards through our programs and procedures in food safety.
We are searching for a highly motivated and personable individual to join our team from a home/remote location preferably in Southern California.
The ideal candidate will have a strong, established customer and supplier base, list, outstanding customer relationship management skills, and the ability to manage products and make wise, profitable decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing relationships with existing and new customers.
- Achieve budgeted sales volume objectives, market penetration, and average sales price by product, and ultimately contribute to company profitability.
- Develop and communicate strategies to grow market share and customer base.
- Grow distribution and placement in both new and existing accounts.
- Maintains effective communications with other buyers and sales representatives for product sales.
- Identify and analyze local market dynamics to foresee and resolve issues and identify opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 4 - 5 years of experience in FOB sales and/or brokering with a proven record of achievement.
- Self-starter with a produce sales background who has the passion and determination to work hard and meet or exceed goals.
- Strong customer service orientation and excellent work ethic.
- Established industry contacts.
- Computer literate: Word, Excel, Firefox, Dropbox.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.