The Purchasing Assistant will provide office and staff support to the purchasing department. This position provides organizational support and is responsible for a variety of other tasks. This is accomplished by maintaining files and other clerical support to purchasing office managers.
- Clerical Support to office managers.
- Take and direct phone calls in the department.
- Ensure visitors are recorded and checked in according to company rules.
- Maintain raw product and packaging specifications are up to date.
- Maintain and review vender approval files to ensure documents are up to date.
- Organize and file regulatory documents including but not limited to; IFTA, DVIR, and Driver Logs.
- Enter and close POs in company systems.
- Assist or perform daily inventory on packaging, label and ingredient products.
- Maintain various inventory and costing spreadsheets used in the department.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Purchasing Manager.
- Must have some experience and skilled in the use of programs such as MS Word and Excel Minimum one year office.
- Purchasing support experience is preferred.
- Some college preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills (oral and written) and the ability to excel at details, multi-tasking and working under pressure.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills both oral and written preferred.
- Previous experience in writing and recording technical data is preferred.
- High School diploma required.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.