Entry Level Buyer
Renaissance Food Group is a family of talented and passionate people who share a collective vision of creating really good food. We strive to promote an environment where ideas flow, problems are resolved, and everyone contributes. We welcome new faces and talent, and pride ourselves on employee retention by investing in our team members through opportunities for advancement and fostering individual growth.
We have an opportunity for an Entry Level Buyer to join our team and begin their career in Houston, TX.
As an Entry Level Buyer you will learn the fundamental skills and become proficient in buying: inventory management, promo forecasting, event analysis, item/vendor maintenance. You will become responsible for maintaining targeted service and inventory levels for produce in all or a group of warehouses.
- Work with managers to determine purchasing needs and requirements.
- Identify the most appropriate supplier for the designated product, determine availability, perform comparative pricing and negotiate pricing.
- Perform purchasing functions, such as issuing purchase orders (POs), invoice creation, pricing verification, payment authorization, complete entries into accounting system
- Confirm quality of products and establish delivery requirements/timelines.
- Input and maintain online database of all products; maintains daily inventory update.
- Identify and resolve any and all issues related to product quality, pricing, delivery, utilization, loss
- Perform inventory cycle counts, spot counts and month-end reconciliation process; research any variances and authorize appropriate inventory adjustments.
- Conduct records audit of inventory, adjustments and other metrics and prepare monthly/ quarterly/ annual reports of findings to management.
The right candidate will:
- Have an excellent work ethic and a strong desire to succeed.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in analyzing data, problem identification and resolution.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Enjoy interaction by phone, face to face as well as electronically.
- Experience in database management, analyzing and reporting data a plus.
- Knowledge of Produce a plus.
This is a career position with tremendous potential for the right person.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.