Join an exciting new start-up! We are currently looking for an experienced Operations Manager who wants to join a highly motivated team in building a new business marketing a new patent pending fresh produce product. We are currently in distribution in the west, but will be moving national ASAP. If you desire being a member of a dynamic small group of entrepreneurs check out this opportunity.
The right candidate for this position will be responsible for all aspects of plant operations including but not limited to production, distribution, receiving, sanitation, inventory control and procurement, and compliance for safe work practices.
- Forecast production needs through the use of predictive models that anticipate processing needs months in advance.
- Manage, edit, and train the on-site food safety system as well as be the point of contact for all facility training programs.
- Develop and coach hourly staff members.
- Host auditors, SME’s, government representatives, and third-party visitors that come to see the facility while maintaining all standards of the on-site food safety system.
- Maintain and manage inventory, procurement, and RFP’s as necessary when customer specifications are identified. Set up production goals and initiate plans to improve performance.
- Control costs while still maintaining high produce quality and service standards.
- Communicate with senior stakeholders about matters of operations on a routine basis and maintain the transparency of operations through documentation as needed.
- Function as the on-site SQF practitioner and Preventive Control Qualified Individual (PCQI).
- Coordinate major meetings regarding food safety with respect to food safety plans, HACCP Plans, or other regulatory compliance as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree with an agriculture or microbiological focus or at least 5 years relevant industry experience.
- SQF 7.2 certification preferred.
- HACCP certified by a reputable certifying body.
- PCQI certified preferred.
- Working knowledge of HACCP, Preventive Controls, and Food Safety Plan Management.
- Ability to benchmark, report, and summarize key metrics at a high level while accounting for root causes to performance.
- Able to think strategically and conceptually while managing execution.
- Sound judgment in decision making and problem solving.
- Strong conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and outstanding detail orientation and follow-through skills.
- High degree of initiative with a strong sense of urgency and business orientation.
- Ability to work independently on tasks within a matrixed team.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize objectives.
- Act with a high degree of honesty, integrity, set challenging objectives and meet commitments.
- Excellent written and verbal communications. Some Spanish desired.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.