Food Safety Coordinator
PRO*ACT is America’s leading distributor of fresh produce to the foodservice and retail industries sourcing from premier national and regional suppliers. PRO*ACT streamlines the produce supply chain, offering significant cost benefits and an easy, one-call solution to source the freshest produce for more than 70 local, independently owned distribution centers across the United States and Canada. PRO*ACT provides category cost management through commodity contract pricing, in-house consultation services and integrated produce program distribution management.
This is an entry-level position in the Food Safety department with growth potential. The successful candidate will provide administrative and analytical support to departmental managers to work with various databases and documentation systems and handle communications with distributors, suppliers, and customers. Based on prior experience, the candidate will also participate in various produce supply chain management activities. This position requires an individual who can effectively work with minimal supervision, is detail-oriented, and can collaborate with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Maintain all databases used to track food safety compliance of PRO*ACT distributors and suppliers
- Work with distributors and suppliers to compile food safety data for reporting
- Assist PRO*ACT distributors with accessing and using the supplier documentation system
- Coordinate and maintain all FSMA and regulatory compliance documentation systems
- Coordinate and maintain the local farm approval and documentation system
- Assist the Food Safety Director and QA Manager with supplier approval activities, or other activities as assigned
- Attend selected tradeshows/events, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in food or agricultural sciences or related field with 0-2 years experience in the food/agriculture industry
- Interest or experience in food safety and quality assurance a plus
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- High degree of organizational skills, including the ability to coordinate multiple priorities
- Strong attention to detail, flexible and reliable
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan Employer Match
- Wellness Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacations
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.