Human Resources Generalist
Pacific Plug & Liner, a sister company to Smith Gardens has an exciting opportunity for a Human Resources Generalist to join our team. PP&L is located on the beautiful California Central Coast with a climate ideal for plant production. We have approximately 290,000 sq. ft. dedicated to growing young plants and flowers and feature a state-of-the-art production facility, ensuring consistent and superior quality.
This position administers, executes and supports programs, and procedures used in carrying out site specific and assigned corporate wide human resource initiatives. This position manages and executes all of the HR initiatives associated with his/her assigned site.
- Recruit for staff level and lead positions.
- Utilize E-Verify to maintain documented workforce status.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation/onboarding and introduce the company vision and goals.
- Coordinate with the Safety Manager and maintain the day-to-day worker’s compensation claims, including employee/supervisor accident forms and back to work status for injured workers.
- Functions as the time clock administrator for site, provides timesheet assistance and finalizes timesheets prior to payroll transmittal.
- Assist in benefit enrollment of eligible employees and answer employee benefit questions.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Maintain accurate employee files and input data into HRIS system (hardcopy of files are held at Home Office).
- Work with employees to create a safe work environment, by coordinating with the Safety Manager and assisting with site safety programs (safety committees, filling out walk thru sheets, etc.).
- Oversee and coordinate all site recognition activities, events and programs, including the Christmas party, Spring BBQ, Summer Picnic and “Thank you” program.
- Conduct and track site specific trainings.
- Respond to staff inquiries.
- Investigate, document and resolve employee complaints using best practices.
- Provide labor reports for Site Manager.
- Support supervisors and managers in performance management.
- Participate in Lean projects and activities.
- HR Certification and/or Associates Degree preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
- Strong Office Suite skills required (must know Excel, Word and Powerpoint).
- HRIS experience preferred.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new skills and adapt in a fast-paced high-energy environment.
- High degree of integrity, confidentiality and organization skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work in team environment and desire to collaborate ideas and strategies.
- Strong analytical, planning and execution skills with great attention to detail.
- Fiscal responsibility (pays attention to budgets and expenses).
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.