Pacific Coast Fruit Company is a local, family owned produce distributor that has proudly served our Pacific Northwest retail, wholesale, and food service customers since 1977. We are now one of the largest independent produce distributors in the Northwest with distribution centers in Portland, Oregon, and Seattle, Washington.
Our employees are a big part of our success, and we truly believe the words of our founder, Emil Nemarnik, who often said, “Take good care of your employees, customers, shippers, and farmers and they will make you successful.”
Our company is currently seeking an experienced Controller who is passionate about both performance and culture!
Reporting to the President, the Controller will foster a culture of accountability and continuous improvement. This is a significant role requiring industry knowledge, critical thinking, and the ability to exercise sound judgment. We’re looking for someone who can create ideas from data analysis and who can lead teams to turn these ideas into action. Someone who has outstanding skills in interpreting financial information, and using it to successfully forecast and predict results. And of course, this position also includes the typical responsibilities for budgeting, accounting, internal controls, risk management, treasury, and tax.
- Bachelor’s Degree, (MBA and/or CPA preferred) and 15 or more years related work experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- An ability to learn quickly, solve problems, drive results, and build relationships with business partners.
- Outstanding skills in interpreting, forecasting, and reporting financial information.
- Strategic thinker, knows how to apply knowledge of business in decision making and understands impact of these decisions.
- Ability to make decisions in context of company, not just own position or department.
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills.
Competitive salary and comprehensive health insurance package including, medical, dental, vision, long term disability, 401(k) and profit sharing plan as well as paid time off.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.