The Nunes Company, Inc. has an immediate full-time position for an enthusiastic, hardworking Sales Assistant. This is an excellent opportunity to join a large industry leading Salinas-based, grower shipper.
Under the direction of our Sales Manager, the selected candidate will perform daily sales activities in order to supply our wide customer base with the highest quality products and customer service. The candidate will work closely with other members of the sales team to ensure an efficient movement of product that meets the needs of our customers as well as our vendors.
- Assist sales personnel in entering, updating, and closing sales orders and work orders.
- Provide back-up for sales staff.
- Provide administrative support to sales staff.
- Regular interaction with customers, vendors, and staff within the office as well as other office locations.
- Coordinate with Quality Control, Accounting, and Production staff as needed to effectively resolve issues and disputes regarding shipments, products or accompanying follow-up activity.
- Arrange orders and appointments with shipping.
- Perform special projects and assignments as directed.
- Assist customers whenever appropriate.
- Provide professional customer service in a fast-paced environment, with a focus on process improvement and contribution to improving teamwork and workflow.
- Perform clerical duties that support the sales process – answering phones, sending faxes, modifying and emailing our price list, running and distributing weekly sales reports, and filing paperwork.
- Responding to emails, phone calls, and other forms of correspondence.
- Understand operations side of business.
- Must be computer literate, comfortable using Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word.
- College degree required.
- Must be highly motivated and have strong work ethic
- Excellent verbal and written communication style that encourages open and dynamic dialogue and productive interaction between team members.
- Ability to research and effectively apply customer information, sales data, market data, and trend information.
- Attention to detail and highly organized.
Competitive and comprehensive benefit package offered.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.