The Nunes Company, Inc. has an immediate full-time position for an enthusiastic, hard-working Production Accountant. This is an excellent opportunity to join a large industry leading Salinas-based, grower/shipper.
As a Production Accountant, you are responsible for supporting accounting aspects of the production process, including month-end reports, reconciliation of general ledger to statements and reports for Farming Entities.
- Perform accounting and clerical functions to support supervisors.
- Assist in preparation of monthly and year end growing cost reports.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts, complete adjustment journals as needed and submit back up documents at period end.
- Responsible for completion and maintenance of general ledgers and financial reports.
- Assist with preparing budgets and forecasts.
- Assist with the month-end close process and financial reporting.
- Maintaining accounts payable records, processing all vendor invoices, generating weekly check runs for payment and responsible for the monthly reporting and analysis of Accounts Payable.
- Resolving purchase order, contract, invoice or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Input type vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records.
- 4+ years of related experience.
- Working experience with Dynamics AX is highly desirable.
- Full working knowledge of all elements regarding a chart of accounts, cost accounting and profit centers. Must possess an understanding of debits, credits, assets, liabilities and profit/loss accounts.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of the organization and supervisor to resolve problems and issues in a timely manner.
We are proud to offer a competitive and comprehensive benefit package.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.