Warehouse,Transportation, and Logistics Manager
Nature’s Produce distributes the finest product that Mother Nature has to offer. Our full produce spectrum is sourced from the finest farmers and growing regions for each commodity throughout the year with a focus on supporting local growers. We also provide a full line of dairy and a continuously expanding line of dried goods.
We are looking to add a Warehouse and Logistics Manager to our team in Vernon, California.
The ideal candidate for this position will be an efficient multi-tasker and have experience in all facets of a warehouse, transportation and logistics. This individual will be expected to develop high-performing teams to effectively meet the changing needs of the business.
- Daily management of department duties, including labor allocations, leading meetings, assigning job duties, and providing discipline, as needed.
- Maintain a clean, organized warehouse at all time, and ensure that this is a priority of every employee.
- Ensures that facilities and trucks are being maintained and up to company and food safety code.
- Manages the transportation department to maximize opportunities for increased efficiency, accuracy and a high level of customer service.
- Negotiate freight rates, select carriers and monitor carrier performance.
- Create load configuration and manage new transportation related programs.
- Manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between sales, customer service, production, and procurement.
- Ensure customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user.
- Lead all distribution and transportation planning and strategic activities.
- Recruit, interview, select, train, motivate, and coach administrative staff and drivers.
- Bilingual is preferred.
- Strong leadership skills; the ability to manage teams and lead employees.
- Computer proficiency Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook required.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to make sound decisions and solve problems.
- Self-motivation and initiative to follow through on daily assignments.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.