Dry Goods Buyer/Assistant Buyer
Nature’s Produce distributes the finest product that Mother Nature has to offer. Our full produce spectrum is sourced from the finest farmers and growing regions for each commodity throughout the year with a focus on supporting local growers. We also provide a full line of dairy and a continuously expanding line of dried goods.
We are looking for a Buyer/Assistant Buyer to continue and progress our growth!
With our all new “State of the Art” facility, Nature’s Produce has an important role to fill! We’re looking for a motivated and energetic Buyer/Assistant Buyer to join our team in Vernon, California. If you're experienced and ready to step into this position, we would love to hear from you.
The primary role of this position is the replenishment of produce for resale to both retail and food service customers. In addition, this position handles the negotiation of costs, sourcing, vendor selection and meeting of budgeted financial expectations.
- Analyze and monitor sales records, trends, weather/seasons and economic conditions to anticipate consumer-buying patterns and determine what the company will sell and how much inventory is needed.
- Must have knowledge of produce specific information such as growing seasons, inflation / deflation cycles, inventory experience, and knowledge of pricing.
- Establish and adjust selling prices by monitoring costs, competitive factors and supply and demand while also working with sales staff to obtain information about customer specific needs and preferences.
- Examine, select, order and purchase products at the most favorable price consistent with quality, quantity, specification requirements and other established factors.
- Responsible for the management of perishable inventory purchased by daily review of item usage, sales, inventory adjustments, and the creation of purchase orders to replenish inventory.
- Compile weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly usage/profit reports for review and budget compliance on a same schedule basis.
- Work in conjunction with senior management on any additional projects or needs.
- Minimum 3-5 years of purchasing experience in produce industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent computer skills, able to work with software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook Email.
- Bilingual preferred.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.