Procurement/Supply Chain Manager
National Produce Consultants (NPC), LLC has a career opportunity available for a talented and passionate individual to join our team as Procurement/Supply Chain Manager. This person will be responsible for managing multiple associates in a procurement team environment, developing and maintaining grower/supplier relationships all while providing our clients with data-based documentation to assist in overall productivity. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of fresh produce harvest and production, seasonality, costing and distribution. The ability to initiate projects, meet deadlines in a continued effort to further bring value to our customer base while maintaining and growing the relationships with partners.
Managing our Procurement Team, you will network daily with distributors, growers, shippers of fresh produce products, and procurement team members assigned by category and commodities You will manage the suppliers and distribution partners as well as costing of market fresh fruits and vegetables for our food service clients. The role is four-dimensional: procurement, transportation, distribution partner and ultimately, end user client satisfaction.
- Manage a team of 4-6 employees
- Expand new business by focusing on customer, distributor, suppliers needs and new marketing opportunities
- Oversee negotiation of contract pricing and structured fobs by commodity weekly within given timetables to ensure value, quality, availability, and food safety
- Prepare and keep record of required Contract, Food Safety documentation
- Maintain, Initiate and continually develop relationships with suppliers worldwide
- Tactical management of the produce procurement and transportation supply chains
- Must be project and goal oriented
- Ability to navigate through the organization
- Ability to work collaboratively on a cross-functional team and company-wide initiatives
- Ability to comprehend product information data flow (item, vendor, cost, price)
- Ability to solve problems within and across multiple departments
- Provide proactive solutions with limited direction and input
- Demonstrate initiative and willingness to take risks
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- Function in a fast-paced, retail, office environment
- Limited travel required by car or airplane with overnight stays
- Ability to work extended hours at times
- Working knowledge and experience in systems, process and analysis
- Organizational and detail orientation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid experience with understanding of software systems with ideas and input of continual creation of procurement and distribution software.
- Minimum 4 Years Buying/Sales Experience for Fruits, Vegetables and/or Dairy products in the food service industry.
- Minimum 2 Year Experience in Contract Negotiation, Business Planning.
- Knowledge of USDA and PACA requirements
- Bilingual skills are a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Procurement, Food and Beverage or related field/comparable experience
- Bilingual skills are a plus
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task
- Team oriented
- Decision making skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Moderate PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite software - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook - as well as ability to adapt to new required, proprietary computer software programs
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.