Junior Java Developer
- Treats clients, staff and visitors with courtesy, sensitive and respect.
- Maintains client confidentiality.
- Adheres to policies and procedures.
- Follows Safety and OSHA requirements.
- Participates in cross training activities.
- Adheres to the dress code and maintains a professional appearance.
- Attends mandatory/required meetings and participates in other company related activities as requested.
- Cooperates with supervisory staff during investigative procedures.
- Works as a team player.
- Sound judgment and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- May requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching.
- Walking moderate distance frequently.
- Lifting up to 10 pounds.
- Reading forms/instructions/technical information.
- Speaking understandably to people of various ages, educational levels, cultural backgrounds in person/by telephone.
- Always remain optimistic and positive despite the circumstances.
- Hearing verbal conversations with people of various ages, educational levels, cultural backgrounds in person/by telephone.
- Working under moderate deadlines.
- May require to work a longer than 40 (forty) hour work week.
- Clear thinking to perform procedures and to consistently exercise discretion and judgment.
- Exhibit positive, upbeat and pleasant behaviors.
Essential Job Function
- As a member of our Applications Team you will be responsible for providing production support and new development.
- Understand, analyze, design, and develop web based systems and associated modules using Java, development frameworks and relational databases.
- Perform software coding, testing, debugging, documentation, and installation tasks for on-line processes in accordance with industry best practices and specific internal procedures and standards.
- Contribute to task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules for development and maintenance activities.
- Participate in the analysis and definition of efficient, cost effective application solutions which support client business processes and functional requirements.
- Participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle including the design, development, integration, testing, and implementation phases.
- Implement new features for existing application and assist in building new applications based on customer specification, involvement in the entire software development lifecycle process.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- 1-2 years of software/application development experience.
- Full life cycle software development; Requirements analysis
- Java Development
- Hibernate, Spring
- RDBMS development
- WebSphere, Apache/Tomcat
- Eclipse/Netbeans, ANT, SVN/CVS
- Servlets, Web Services
- Linux/Unix Scripting
- Good understanding of Object Oriented Analysis and Design and methodologies.
- Strong skills required in critical thinking and analysis, verbal and written communications, and interpersonal interactions.
- Previous AS400 experience a plus
- iPhone /iPad Applications
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience required in Computer or related field.
- Minimum Sophomore: Computer Science Major
- Completion of 3000 & 4000 level Computer Science Classes.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.