Mountainland Apples, Inc. was founded in 1984 when three growers got together to pool their resources to be able to sell at truckload quantities. We have expanded form apples only in the beginning to apples, peaches, nectarines, and apricots today.
We are looking for a hardworking and motivated Sales Representative to join the team in Santaquin, Utah.
- Self-starter and highly motivated with aggressive sense of time management to move a perishable commodity.
- Professionally represent our company with the highest level of integrity while promoting a positive company image inside and outside the organization.
- Serves as a role model through actions and behaviors.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships and trust.
- Promote a team attitude and synergy within the whole company, our packers and customers.
- Proactively and professionally handle day to day sales.
- Manage sales order entry functions, maintenance in computer system, and multiple channels of communication.
- Track daily inventory levels, product quality, and best channels for distribution to maximize our growers’ returns.
- Consistently participate in monitoring aging product inventory and sell accordingly.
- Coordinate with operations relative to volumes, packs and ship-dates.
- Manage customer satisfaction by handling customer requests and ensuring great customer service.
- Procure transportation needs to deliver the crop most effectively.
- Procure outside sources of fruit to help maintain a presence in the market place year-round.
- Diligently and timely assisting Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable.
- Track and analyze customer sales history and purchasing trends.
- Provides input as to relevant market information, strategies, visions and goals.
- Grow distribution and placement in both new and existing accounts.
- New customer development through cold calling and marketing trips where appropriate.
- Hold customers accountable to price, volume and date range commitments.
- Actively participate in additional company projects and activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Three to five years in produce sales and or agriculture industries.
- In-depth produce industry knowledge and experience.
- Ability to make sound decisions and solve problems.
- Possess a strong work ethic and be highly motivated, use sound judgment, diplomacy and discretion.
- Possess a proven ability to recognize opportunities for business expansion with key customers.
- Strong alignment with our values of Quality, Integrity and Hard Work.
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and superior customer service skills.
- Computer proficiency especially in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Willing to travel.
- Willing to work Saturdays and long hours if needed.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.