Produce Department Manager
Mother’s Market & Kitchen is a leading natural foods retailer and has been serving the Orange County community for over 38years. We specialize in organic, locally grown produce, natural grocery, body care, supplements and world class food service including sit down restaurants and a full-service deli that cater to your better instincts. We serve food that tastes great and is good for you.
We are seeking qualified applicants for management positions in our natural retail food markets. Experience with Food Service is a huge plus. Well qualified candidates will manage all aspects of store operations; serve customers by providing merchandise; supervising staff, motivating employees, modeling and ensuring excellent customer service.
Produce Managers are responsible for managing department inventory, in-stock position, pricing integrity, merchandising, labor, and other operational processes to company standards. They will plan, order, and process produce products according to work plan and standards to maximize sales and gross profit. Produce Managers will ensure all new department associates receive proper training and supervision.
- Ensure the success of the department through excellent customer service.
- Plan attractive produce displays and ensure displays are replenished and tear down displays of season fruits and vegetables.
- Stock and rotate fresh fruits and vegetables in the produce department.
- Ensure all products for sale are fresh & safe to eat; items that show signs of spoilage are removed.
- Handle inventories and ensure items are ordered before they are out of stock.
- Receive produce deliveries while following established receiving procedures in heat and cold, in and out of produce coolers.
- Hire qualified applicants with the assistance of the Store Manager and Human Resources.
- Ensure all department employees have the proper training.
- Conduct performance reviews and conduct disciplinary actions as needed.
- Schedule hours for produce department within payroll budget.
- Maintain company safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Have a strong knowledge of natural foods and alternative diets.
- Coordinate returns and credit from suppliers where applicable.
- Other duties as needed.
- Must have previous experience in Produce.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Verbal proficiency of the English language, and be able to read and write at an advanced level.
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, and Outlook), excellent customer service skills and proficiency in basic math.
- Proven leadership ability to build, motivate and maintain staff.
- Model excellent customer service, and hold your staff accountable for doing the same.
- Be able and prepared to cover breaks for other staff members when needed.
- Place service calls, deal with vendors and contractors.
- Must be professional at all times and remain calm under pressure.
- Must be available to work various shifts as needed.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must successfully pass a background check.
We offer full time and part time positions to qualified applicants. Generous benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance & Paid Time Off. We offer great employee discounts too!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.