Forward Distribution Center Manager - Washington
We've grown to become the world's leader in producing, distributing and marketing fresh Hass avocados. As a vertically integrated company, our total focus is avocados. We provide customers all over the world with the complete package—year-round supply, global availability and value-added services.
Our partners are passionate and experienced growers from the most ideal avocado growing regions in the world. To supply customers with the world's finest avocados, we operate packing facilities in five countries and own eight regional ripening centers in North America. Our distribution centers and transportation capabilities ensure peak eating-quality avocados from the tree to the customer. And when it comes to food safety, we adhere to the Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) program and Good Harvesting Practices (GHP). We proudly share responsibility with our growers to ensure total satisfaction for our customers
The Mission Forward Distribution Centers (FDC) Manager oversees the general management of their respective facility under Mission’s high quality standards and guidelines. Proactively manage the FDC to ensure that it: produces value in our products and services to our customers; produces a stable, secure, and high quality work environment for all employees; and produces company market value for all stockholders. In addition, this position will be responsible for the quality of ripening avocados and ensuring proper stage and quality specifications are obtained and shipped according to standard operating procedures.
- Inventory Management and Fruit Utilization
- Control of inventory on a daily basis; ensure accuracy of all inventory, documented quality evaluations of inbound and outbound product, utilization of inventory to ensure highest sales value and customer satisfaction.
- Customer/Buyer Relationships
- Collaborate with sales to interface with customers, buyers, and/or receivers on a regular basis to ensure customer satisfaction in their particular region.
- Value Added Processes (Avocado Ripening Process, Bagging, Specialty Packing):
- Plan, direct, execute, and monitor the ripening process. Communicate all issues that affect the ripening process.
- Plan, direct, execute, and monitor the bagging and special packing processes. Communicate all issues that affect the processes.
- Build and maintain an organizational environment which promotes positive staff morale and performance by designing and implementing best practices for the company that results in the best human capital and skills to accomplish the organizational mission.
- Develop operations system improvements by analyzing process work flow and space requirements, and equipment layout; implement changes.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Act as the subject matter expert in produce and train staff on produce quality indicators and best practices
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Facilitate a profitable operation that produces safe quality service efficiently.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of work related experience within the Produce Industry, Distribution or other related industry.
- Business acumen essential.
- Ability to work in temperature controlled environments that can range anywhere from 34 – 42 degrees.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead a team to obtain high performance. Able to coach, develop, and motivate others within and across the organization.
- Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Proven ability to be result focused, metric driven, and translate priorities and actions into measurable results and hold self and others accountable to achieve individual, departmental, and company goals.
- Demonstrated ability to remain focused with changing objectives, deadlines, and priorities beyond one’s control.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong ability to effectively identify problems by framing issues, leveraging data, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) a plus.
- Willing to travel.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.