Merchandiser - Washington D.C.
Mastronardi Produce is a fourth-generation family owned company. The Mastronardi family still owns and manages what is now the leading greenhouse vegetable company on the continent, growing and selling world-class tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers.
This is a remote position with daily travel required within your designated territory.
- Maintain assigned territory and increase recognition for Sunset Produce through merchandising and field responsibilities.
- Conduct all merchandising activities, expand space on all products, build displays where applicable, position products to maximize sales, sell and maintain distribution of all authorized products, rotate and stock products accurately, monitor planogram integrity.
- Participate in account scheduled special events and grand openings, as well as assist with account resets/re-models when requested.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with all store personnel, including Produce Managers, Store Managers, Produce Specialists and Buyers.
- Record all store visit objectives as instructed through use of forms and applications.
- Execute company marketing projects or programs, such as in-store special initiatives or events as well as POS and coupon distribution.
- Actively communicate with Field Merchandising Manager and Merchandising Team, including communication as needed with Sales Directors and other personnel in the organization.
- Maintain all company provided equipment and material in acceptable working order and condition.
- Establish and complete weekly, monthly and quarterly goals and accomplish set performance metrics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Daily travel within territory is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Morning person that enjoys a 7am start to the day, often earlier.
- A high degree of self-motivation and ability to work both independently and as a team.
- The ability to proficiently navigate MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.