This position is responsible for the overall management of the SUNSET® brand, including strategic development and execution of the marketing plan, budget management, and development of the innovation pipeline to deliver short term and long term financial targets that support corporate objectives.
To perform the job successfully, the incumbent’s behavior must be consistent with the five Non-Negotiable Traits expected of all Mastronardi Produce employees: Be passionate; have absolute integrity; be self-motivated and determined; be a team player and behave as a professional.
- Develop business/brand plans identifying business objectives, strategies, key initiatives and performance measurements by using insights collected from a comprehensive business review (e.g., situation assessment, marketplace information, competitive assessment, etc.).
- Develop an innovation pipeline that leverages consumer insights and identifies short term and long term volume and profit growth areas for the SUNSET® brand. Ensures that all new product initiatives are presented at Steering and tracked, once approved, internally.
- Work with cross-functional teams and act as the tactical lead for all major brand initiatives including new product launches, product/packaging re-stages, consumer promotions, etc.
- Develop and communicate written briefs for use by agencies or suppliers (e.g., creative, advertising, packaging, product development, media, consumer promotions, merchandising, etc.) to direct their work activities in order to generate concepts for effective execution of marketing programs and objectives.
- Oversees budget tracking and is responsible for reconciling marketing spend once a quarter.
- An undergraduate university degree in business is required. An MBA would be an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years of consumer focused marketing experience.
- High level of creativity with the ability to identify and execute innovative ideas.
- Demonstrated significant marketing success driving positioning, consumer insights and innovative marketing programming including digital, social media, in-store marketing development.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to navigate and work effectively within a rapidly changing and growing environment.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.