Administrative Assistant to the Vice President
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing direct administrative support to the Vice President. In addition to providing administrative support, the Administrative Assistant will also be accountable for coordinating projects effectively as assigned. This role requires independent judgment and initiative on assignments that are sensitive in nature as well as demonstrating the ability to deal with high-level contacts inside and outside the company. The person in this role will understand the operational priorities and administrative requirements of the Vice President.
To perform the job successfully, the incumbent must be consistent with the five Non-Negotiable Traits expected of all Mastronardi Produce employees: Be passionate; have absolute integrity; be self-motivated and determined; be a team player and behave as a professional.
- Act as the point of contact between the Vice President and internal and external clients.
- Coordinates domestic and international travel arrangements; make flight arrangements and create trip itineraries, arrange transportation, lodging, and other needs while traveling; communicate with executives while traveling to ensure that they are fully informed any issues; completes expense reports following travel.
- Manage the Vice President’s schedule including, meetings, appointments, travel, etc.
- Arrange and coordinate meetings on behalf of the Vice President including providing timely reminders
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communications, reports, and presentations on behalf of the Vice President; other documents as assigned.
- Design and/or maintain databases as needed.
- File and retrieve documents and reference materials.
- Monitor and respond to and/or distribute incoming communications as needed. Analyze submissions of any kind to determine significance and route to the appropriate party in a timely manner.
- Prepare expense reports for the Vice President; assist in the review of subordinates’ expense reports as requested.
- Organize employee events..
- Greet and interact with visitors.
- Form relationships with internal staff on all levels.
- Take dictation and record minutes accurately; follow up on action items as needed.
- Be responsible for the tracking of business expenses and preparation of expense reports.
- Performs miscellaneous projects that are assigned.
- Associates Degree and/or related experience.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as an Administrative Assistant supporting an executive level position.
- Advanced skill level in Microsoft Office.
- Experience tracking expenses for a department to include auditing for corrections and distributing to accounts payable for processing.
- Experience managing an executive’s calendar.
- Experience preparing presentations, reports and correspondence.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multitask and manage time appropriately.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with staff and external stakeholders at all levels in a complex, often high-pressure environment, remaining diplomatic, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
- Must exhibit high level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Must have the ability to be flexible with work schedule.
- Proficient in English and Spanish.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.