Head Grower-Indoor Cultivation
Mass Organic Therapy (“MassOT”) is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for our patients by providing affordable, high-quality medications for individuals with debilitating medical conditions.
Manage a large-scale indoor cultivation facility located in Webster, MA. Manage and optimize all the tasks in the grow including: cloning, transplanting, feeding plants, super cropping, topping, flushing, foliar, trimming, packaging, waste disposal and inventory management. Company operates under the highest standards of professionalism. Meticulous attention to detail is required.
- Manage a large-scale indoor cultivation facility.
- Hire a world-class cultivation/horticulture team.
- Perform all the tasks in the grow including: cloning, transplanting, feeding plants, defoliation, super cropping, topping, flushing, foliar and preventative sprays, trimming, packaging, waste disposal and inventory management.
- Develop and/or maintain indoor cultivation protocols and a nutrient regimen.
- Lead and manage indoor cultivation facility team
- Perform all cultivation tracking and recordkeeping functions within the seed to sale electronic system remaining in compliance with the department’s rules and regulations.
- Responsible for training of entire cultivation team.
- Manage plant scheduling to accurately project all garden requirements on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to maximize high-quality yield with efficiency and attention to production costs.
- Catalog and track each individual strain from clone to harvest.
- Schedule, manage and oversee cloning processes, achieving a minimum 90% success rate.
- Execute preventative maintenance program including elimination of all types of mold, powdery mildew, spider mites, root aphids, fungus gnats, etc.
- Adept at industry best-practices and current on new techniques and insight with respect to nutrient of individual strains, high yield recipes, controlled stress environments to different lighting systems and set ups.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Cannabis and knowledge of effects of strains and types of medicinal administration.
- Assist state and local government auditors and law enforcement with inventory, sales and compliance audits.
- Comply with all HR policies including confidentiality and non-disclosure requirements.
- Execute and maintain a world-class facility maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ indoor cultivation experience as a head grower, or equivalent.
- Mastery of all grow mediums (soil, inert (rockwool, hydroton, etc)) and irrigation methods (hand-water, sub-irrigation, drip systems).
- Must be an outstanding team-builder.
- Knowledge of large scale commercial plan cultivation including crop rotation management, nutrient requirements, mediums, light requirements, and environmental controls.
- Knowledge of plant diseases, pests, and nutrient deficiencies and toxicity.
- Physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labor tasks required for the proper management of grow warehouse.
- Advanced knowledge of the cannabis plant and genetics.
- Must have accountability, proactive behavior and strong attention to detail.
- 21 years of age.
- No felony convictions.
- Participate in an extensive background check.
- Trustworthy and hardworking.
- Valid driver’s license with reliable transportation.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Effectively plan and prioritize tasks.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Strong focus with the utmost attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate clearly and calmly during high volume or unusual activity.
- Strong computer skills along with the ability to utilize browsers, google, etc.
- Absolute integrity, reliability, and honesty.
- Extended and repetitive time standing, sitting, walking, bending, and reaching.
- Must be able to lift and carry objects on a regular basis, weighing up for 50lbs for 100 feet.
- Close visual focus required.
- Extended and repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers to cut and manipulate small objects.
Marijuana has been legalized for medical use in a number states across the U.S., for both medical and recreational use. Joe Produce is acting specifically as a job marketer, and does not support the use of cannabis products in areas prohibited by law.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.