Technical Sales Representative - Hydroponics
Koppert Biological Systems contributes to better health of people and the planet. In partnership with nature, we make agriculture healthier, safer, and more productive. We provide an integrated system of specialist cultivation knowledge and natural, safe solutions that increase crop health, resilience and production.
We are looking for professionals that can service and expand our East and West Coast clientele.
As market leaders in biological crop protection and pollination, we are only as good as the people and products that make our success possible. If you have hydroponics sales experience in a B2B environment with greenhouses or commercial outdoor growers, enjoy working with people, and great organizational skills, we would love to hear from you!
The Technical Sales Representative will be responsible for technical sales and service of biological and pollination product lines to hydroponic vegetable customers in the US. In addition, other clientele will be supported when not traveling to hydroponic customers.
- Develop, implement and support IPM programs at key accounts.
- Keep informed about developments in the hydroponic vegetable sector as it relates to pest / disease challenges and (new) chemical registrations.
- Promote the high level of Koppert service and the added value of our technical expertise.
- Develop new markets and manage existing and prospecting customers.
- Provide accurate product forecasts.
- A degree or diploma in horticulture, entomology or biology from a recognized college or university.
- Experience or exposure to agriculture or horticulture.
- Experience in hydroponic crops as a grower or IPM staff member (>2 years).
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Recognize pests and diseases and be knowledgeable about all aspects of their behavior and control.
- Identify, prioritize, set and achieve objectives and goals – plan individual efficiency.
- Negotiate, mediate and resolve conflicts.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and written in English (Spanish is a plus).
- Prepare documents and presentations using Microsoft Office.
Despite its global reach, Koppert remains a family company in which cooperation and respect for people and the environment is very important. We know our work matters. In addition to a competitive salary and a very comprehensive benefits package, including four (4) weeks paid vacation, the sales representative will also receive a company car.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.