Director of Logistics
Juicero’s mission is to make healthy living easy and accessible through technology and plant-based nutrition. Starting with the first ever countertop cold-pressed juicing appliance, and reinventing the “farm to glass” supply chain, we unlock 100% raw, fresh, organic produce directly to consumers everywhere.
As a collective, cross-functional team, the Fresh Operations organization plays a critical role in realizing this vision, standing at the cutting edge of fresh food manufacturing and giving Juicero a competitive edge. From inspecting farms to processing (washing; chopping) and packing, labeling, and shipping our various unique juice recipes (100% raw, fresh, organic fruit and vegetable combinations), all the while maintaining the highest quality, health, and safety standards, our team delivers a product and customer experience that is second to none.
Our team is at the cutting edge of fresh food manufacturing and delivery. As the Director of Logistics, you will help us develop the world's most advanced and inventive perishable food delivery capabilities, working with product, engineering, packaging, food science, marketing and supply chain leaders. We want a leader who thinks creatively and can develop unexpected innovative solutions to complex logistics problems.
You will be responsible for all logistics planning activities (inbound and outbound), negotiating prices and service levels with partners and managing the day to day operational cost, service, and efficiency improvements of all our transportation needs at Juicero’s Commerce manufacturing facility.
Juicero is a Series C funded start-up with investment from leading venture firms such as Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Campbell’s soup, ARTIS Ventures and many others. We’re growing quickly and care deeply about building a world class team. Come have a fresh juice with us - we’d love to hear from you!
- Setup logistics infrastructure for Juicero’s growth.
- Provide information on delivery options for new markets across the US.
- Source, negotiate and contract logistics service providers.
- Work cross functionally to get software, packaging and customer service features required to support new logistics/ delivery plan.
- Build systems that scale to support new geographies and customer segments.
- Monitor performance and efficiency of existing systems.
- Lead improvements/optimization in outbound & inbound schedules and routes.
- Improve processes to promote efficiency, quality service, and reduce operating costs.
- Responsible to control logistical costs and stay within budgeted levels.
- Build and manage a team focused on both the long-term planning and day to day execution of Juicero’s logistics needs i.e.
- Monitor and track on-time deliveries.
- Creation of vendor KPI’s & scorecards, with regular analysis.
- Resolve customer problems and analyze/ follow through on service level issues.
- Effectively manage 3PL partners within budgets for the required output.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
- 8+ years’ experience in a logistics management role.
- Creative thinker ahead of the game in logistics (latest and greatest systems, players, innovations in the logistics space).
- Solid understanding of routing & warehouse management systems.
- A relentless passion for an exceptional customer experience.
- Strong Excel skills (data manipulation, pivot tables skills etc).
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Previous negotiation/ contractual experience and fresh food experience preferred.
- Advanced education in Logistics or Supply Chain including warehouse management systems (NetSuite) is helpful.
- 5+ years of experience dealing with 3PL carriers and some experience with B2B deliveries is helpful.
- Work with like-minded individuals who are passionate and energized about making the world a healthier place!
- Drink Juicero’s full catalog of cold-pressed juice at the touch of a button.
- Healthy, free vegan lunches.
- Weekly company-sponsored wellness and recreation activities such as yoga, soccer, meditation, and rock climbing.
- Competitive health benefits, 401(k), salary, and stock options.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.