Food Safety and Quality Assurance Manager
To supplement our current period of growth, John Vena, Inc. is currently seeking a Food Safety & Quality Assurance Manager who will be responsible for all processes and activities related to product safety and quality assurance practices. The Food Safety Manager will be responsible to collect and maintain data and records related to the food safety practices of our suppliers and of our own operation. She/he will be responsible for all aspects of third party audits of our Food Safety protocols, traceability of product, and compliance required by customers and/or government agencies. In addition, the Manager will supervise staff assigned to Food Safety and Quality Assurance roles.
- Implements and manages all aspects of our food safety practices and protocols and preparation for all voluntary, scheduled or unscheduled third party audits.
- Creates and enforces policies and procedures to insure Company compliance with the food safety regulations of all appropriate government agencies and to comply with industry standards in all of our facilities.
- Develops and maintains records and systems for product traceability and product recall in accordance with industry standards.
- Collects and maintains updated files from all our suppliers, growers, shippers, packaging material vendors, etc. and document their participation in food safety and traceability programs.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for government regulators and customers in any cases of food borne illness connected to products we may have distributed.
- Ensures that all incoming, outgoing and JVI packaged product meets Company specifications, reporting product issues as required.
- Develop and maintains communications and training for new and existing staff regarding Company policies for food safety and sanitation, and quality assurance programs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; College Degree in science preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in food safety or quality assurance.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Strong basic math skills.
- Proficient in computer use (Windows, Excel, Word).
- Ability to learn proprietary computer systems and applications.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.