Produce Logistics Coordinator
We are looking to add a Produce Logistics Coordinator to our team!
As a Produce Logistics Coordinator, based in Los Angeles, California you will coordinate the expeditious movement of produce for air or sea shipments from all approved and listed vendor locations to approved logistics vendor locations.
- Visit local supermarkets and produce markets, meet with approved vendors and view products on offer and communicate market conditions, product quality, availability and pricing to Category Manager based in Dubai
- Send approved product specifications and pricing information across to Category Manager for review and listing purposes. Update system prices in SAP as required to ensure that all prices are reflective of vendor price lists
- Coordinate daily store orders and inventory orders with local support staff and vendors to ensure that products are shipped in a timely manner to ensure on time arrivals
- Review purchase orders and determine the appropriate delivery dates
- Provide/ dispatch logistics information to logistics carriers and coordinate with growers to ensure timely sea shipments of produce
- Arrange quarterly visits of overseas Category Manager with local vendors
- Perform any additional tasks as directed by management
- Five years of purchasing experience (fresh produce)
- Bachelor or Associates degree preferred
- Organized, self motivated and energetic
- Must be able to perform in a fast-paced work environment
- Capable of handling multiple tasks while adhering to tight schedules
- Must be well versed in the fields of packaging/purchasing, forecasting, warehouse and scheduling
- Must be detail oriented and have effective time management skills
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have excellent computer skills including above average knowledge and experience with Excel, Word. Knowledge of SAP though desired is not required
- An inquisitive mind and entrepreneurial spirit
- Collaborative communication style and excellent service focus
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Must be detailed oriented, self motivated and team player
- Ability to thrive in a team environment and work independently as well
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.