Director of Food Safety
Now in our 30th year, Interfresh is a leading marketer and distributor of fresh fruits and vegetables to retailers, wholesalers and distributors nationally. Come join our dynamic team and help make a difference!
The Interfresh Director of Food Safety will be responsible for all processes and activities relating to food safety and FSMA compliance. This person will report to the President and CEO.
- Implement and manage all aspects of our food safety and HACCP programs and be prepared to pass any third-party food safety audit, any day
- Maintain compliance with FDA Food Facility Registration
- Design and implement food safety training program for appropriate personnel
- Work with Repositrak to verify grower/vendor compliance with all aspects of Interfresh food safety protocols and FSMA mandates
- Develop and maintain records, manuals and standard operating procedures for food safety and systems in accordance with industry standards
- Implement and oversee Interfresh Recall/Traceability program
- Respond to customer requests for food safety documentation
- Associate (or higher) degree in a technical discipline preferred
- 3 years’ experience in agricultural food safety preferred
- Working knowledge of GFSI standards, and FSMA produce rules and preventative controls rules
- HACCP training and Preventative Controls Qualified Individual training required (may obtain upon hire)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Spanish speaking a plus
- Must be able to provide clear and concise executive summaries on all food safety systems and company performance/compliance in the area of food safety
- Be an effective team member and team leader
- Conduct company business with the highest ethics and level of integrity
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.