Director of Marketing
Hollandia Produce is the West Coast’s leading producer of premium quality, hydroponically grown leafy vegetables, grown in state of the art greenhouses. Our goal is to provide America’s innovative produce merchandisers with a year-round supply of top of the line, value added greenhouse vegetables.
Hollandia Produce recently became employee-owned by implementing an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP). The company’s values and commitment to customers, employee-owners, and the community run deep and there is a lot of excitement around the future of Hollandia Produce.
Our rapidly expanding company is looking to add a top notch Director of Marketing to our growing sales and marketing team. If you are hard-working and self-motivated we are ready for you to join our team!
This person will provide leadership and planning to the Marketing Department by ensuring that the appropriate structures, systems, strategy, competencies and values are developed in order to meet and exceed the goals of the approved Marketing and Strategic plans. They will oversee, develop, and implement support materials in all facets of marketing, communications, and public relations.
- Develop and maintain marketing plan.
- Maintain a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Market Research.
- Responsible for initiating annual budget and regularly evaluating approved budget to assure we remain on target and goals and objectives are being met.
- Plans and oversees product positioning, advertising and promotion.
- Responsible for editorial direction and design of ads assuring they are consistent brand.
- Responsible for assuring new items and marketing plans are in line with target market preference and expectations and fit new product criteria.
- Review current product mix to assure it aligns with brand strategy and strategic initiatives.
- Monitors competitors’ products, sales and marketing activities.
- Maintains database of trade and consumer influencers utilizing available resources and networking.
- Lead Product Development team.
- Reviews and suggest packaging improvements based on consumer trends.
- Develops and oversees implementation of marketing campaigns at trade and consumer level assuring consistent brand messaging.
- Reviews Co-Promotion opportunities and selects those that fall in with Hollandia’s brand image and position in the industry.
- Researches and obtains certifications required to be successful in the hydroponic growing category.
- Review opportunities with trade and consumer events that fit with Hollandia positioning and act on those that will provide a great ROI in increasing brand awareness amongst our target market.
- Designs and updates sales presentation and reports for sales managers to execute with category managers.
- Designs sell sheets for our sales and brokers to execute at store, regional, and national level.
- Responsible for retrieving and monitoring external data sources, e.g.: Nielsen data, for trends and opportunities.
- Participate in executive meetings in establishing direction to assure Hollandia meets its sales and marketing goals.
- Performance reports for marketing team.
- Work with other managers to assure Hollandia’s values, mission and vision are practiced.
- Executes the public relations aspect of our crisis management plan and food safety plan.
- Manage all outsourced design, social media, and web based talent.
- Assure all outsourced help is required and fits with in approved budget.
- Education/Training: Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Business/Marketing or equivalent preferred.
- Related Experience: A minimum of five years of marketing experience required. Shopper and Trade marketing knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as customer service and presentation abilities. Should also have demonstrated problem solving ability and negotiation skills. Must have proficient computer skills; will need to be familiar with Microsoft Office products (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint).
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.