HBF International, LLC is a packing and marketing company of fresh berries with a commitment to provide a wide selection of fresh, quality safe berries from the world’s best growers to what we consider the world’s best customers. We are seeking an Operations Manager for our Silver Mountain Packing facility located in Sublimity, Oregon.
Our mission: Leadership, loyalty and excellence in berries from farm to market.
As the Operations Manager, you are directly responsible for all aspects of the Silver Mountain Packing blueberry packing facility including production, scheduling, coordination with the sales department, materials management, receipt and packing of bulk blueberries and shipment of final product, overseeing all building related activities, preserving the good condition of infrastructure and ensuring that facilities are safe, efficient, and functional.
- Provide leadership and direction for day to day operations; effectively direct all personnel by assigning and directing duties. Address complaints and resolve problems as they arise.
- Train, develop, motivate, and manage personnel. Maintain proper staffing levels as volume fluctuates.
- Plan and coordinate all facility and equipment installations (refrigeration, electrical, and any refurbishments). Monitor and advise on energy efficiency.
- Make frequent rounds of the facility to ensure proper operation of equipment, materials storage, and handling, cleanliness and safety.
- Manage the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet sanitation and safety standards. Ensure the facilities meets government regulations and environmental, health and security standards.
- Allocate and manage facility space for maximum efficiency.
- Develop and foster a culture of safety and food safety by acting as a role model. Ensure the safety of all employees and staff.
- Develop and administer the annual budget, striving to minimize costs. Monitor operation expenses.
- Perform analysis of seasonal staff wages and expenses to maximize efficiencies.
- Daily review of all production records and expenses.
- Calculating and comparing costs for required goods and or services to achieve maximum value for the money.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Required 3-5 years of experience.
- Facilities managers must look at a lot of different information and make decisions based on needs and budget concerns.
- Facilities managers must talk to their employees, and work with management to make sure the job gets done. Being able to clearly explain what needs to be done will be necessary.
- Quality control is a large part of a facilities manager's job. Making sure cleaning, upkeep and safety standards are maintained, or efficiencies are discovered is essential.
- Facilities managers must motivate and coordinate employees, as well as deal with any disciplinary issues that may come up.
- Computer experience Windows based programs, able to work with ERP systems.
- Ability to excel in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to work long hours and weekends during peak production times.
- Must be able to travel when necessary.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.