Head of Packing Department
HBF International, LLC is a packing and marketing company of fresh berries with a commitment to provide a wide selection of fresh, quality, safe berries from the world’s best growers to what we consider the world’s best customers. We are seeking a Head of Packing for our Silver Mountain Packing facility located in Sublimity, Oregon.
Our mission: Leadership, loyalty and excellence in berries from farm to market.
As the Head of Packing you are directly responsible for all aspects of packaging blueberries including; monitoring all employees on the packing and cleaning lines to ensure employees are maximizing production while still producing a finished product that meets or exceed SMP quality and food safety standards.
- Create a work environment that has a positive effect on employee morale and establishing the framework for the ongoing performance.
- Communicate daily with the Sales Department and Facility Manager to coordinate production activities.
- Review current and potential product issues with Sales Department and Facility Manager.
- Ensure all equipment is maintained and in good and sanitary operating condition.
- Keep accurate and up-to-date food safety logs notifying the Food Safety Manager if there are corrective actions that need to be taken.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of SMP packing shed and surrounding areas.
- Ensure all employees are following food safety guidelines and good manufacturing practices. Participate in the Food Safety Committee.
- Have a reasonable knowledge of safety procedures and implement them on the job as needed.
- Participate in the Safety Committee. Stay current on OSHA laws.
- Ensure daily packing and cleaning costs meet or exceed standards provided by the Facility Manager (budget).
- Maximize efficiency and minimize labor on a daily basis.
- Ensure that Quality Control standards for packaging and finished fruit are being met at all times. Ensure correct raw and packaging materials are used.
- Ensure that data for each run is being tracked correctly within the company’s ERP software.
- Communicate to the Facility Manager ensure that materials are on hand for daily requirements. Inventory materials as directed by the Facility Manager.
- Use company’s ERP software to build jobs for the packing and cleaning according to first in first out priority.
- Direct supervise packing room employees including team leaders. Learn how to operate software.
- Bachelor’s Degree or a minimum of 4 years of related experience and/or training.
- Mechanical skills: Ability to operate, maintain, and perform minor repairs to packing room equipment.
- Forklift: Ability to operate a forklift with safety and precision.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiencies in Microsoft Programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to quickly become proficient in the company’s ERP software.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Must have supervisory experience.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.