Director of Sales
Harvest Santa Barbara is a wholesale produce and fresh food distribution company based in Carpinteria, CA that is leading the efforts to create a more sustainable food system by helping many of the best farmers and fresh food producers in the region bring their products to market. We deliver to restaurants, grocery stores, schools, home delivery companies and other organizations with a need for fresh, local, and primarily Certified Organic produce. Our standard for exceptional produce and service enables us to serve some of the best chefs and produce sections from Paso Robles to the greater Los Angeles area.
In order to sustain our growth, we are seeking a produce and fresh food industry professional with a proven background of sales achievement to further develop our business. Our Ideal candidate has or can quickly develop relationships with key decision makers for a variety of customers, collaborate with our buyers, and oversee the sales staff, all to accelerate sales growth while achieving target margins and ensuring optimum customer contact and support.
- Oversee day-to-day sales operation, while modeling optimum communication with all other departments. Manage the sales department.
- Collaborate in developing and achieving annual budget in coordination with accounting team and President.
- Create sales and margin goals.
- Seek out new accounts and revenue generating opportunities that support HSB's mission and create sustainable growth for the company. Oversee sales on a daily basis and work with Purchasing to develop product and pricing strategies.
- Develop and improve operational systems that increase efficiency and profitability across the sales ordering process.
- Develop and leverage sales and margin performance analytics that help continually increase sales and profitability.
- Conduct and lead regular, efficient, agenda driven sales meeting as agreed upon with President.
- Seek out and coordinate PR opportunities and actively participate in regional networking opportunities with potential customers, farmers, partners and media outlets.
- Be one of the “faces” of the organization while positively representing Harvest Santa Barbara.
- Lead the overall sales efforts that build sales in the existing customer base while attracting new customers to our business.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience selling wholesale produce (developing new accounts and increasing sales).
- At least 5 years of managing 3 or more employees.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience developing and overseeing budgets.
- Minimum 2 years of experience using QuickBooks (or similar general ledger programs) and Excel.
- Ability to navigate and learn new sales /inventory software programs.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent English writing skills.
- Spanish language speaking/writing ability preferred.
- Experience as a produce buyer/quality control preferred.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.