Sales Associate - New York
Forest Mushroom Food Inc., d.b.a. Guan's Mushroom Co., focuses on fresh specialty mushrooms with fresh ideas. This multi-site business, established in 1995, is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, and has sales and distribution facilities in Los Angeles and Pennsylvania. We are steadily growing as one of the largest national grower, importer and shippers of fresh specialty mushrooms. Our market occupancy and capacity are expanding very rapidly.
Great opportunity for a sales associate to join our team in Brooklyn, NY. We’re looking for a motivated individual who is ready to work in a fast moving and dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will have experience in the produce industry in a sales related environment.
Under the direction of our Sales Manager, the selected candidate will perform daily sales activities in order to supply our wide customer base with the highest quality products and customer service. The candidate will work closely with other members of the sales team as well as the purchasing team to ensure an efficient movement of product that meets the needs of our customers as well as our vendors. The selected candidate will be available to start shortly after offer acceptance.
- Prospect and develop relationships with customers through anticipating needs, product knowledge, and committing to their success.
- Close monitoring of daily inventory levels, and product quality and condition.
- Executing multiple sales orders throughout each workday, while making solution based decisions in critical times without assistance.
- Communicating pertinent customer needs and promotional opportunities to Purchasing and Sales team members in a timely and specific manner, both verbally and in written form.
- Aggressively seek new customers in field.
- Have a sense of responsibility, self-motivated, and a sense of urgency to resolve fast pace job duties.
- Participating in the marketing of larger volume, grower-represented deals.
- Actively supporting other team members as needed.
- Contributing to process improvement and team development efforts.
- Participating in additional company projects and activities.
- 2-5 years’ hands-on fresh organic produce experience, preferably in quality control, retail merchandising, and/or sales.
- An ability to maintain a customer-focused perspective.
- Attention to detail.
- Organized, even-tempered communication skills.
- Positive approach to alternate points of view; an ability to create solutions.
- Experience working as a member of a high performing team.
- Basic understanding of the natural and organic foods industry.
- Desire to grow individually and professionally.
- Work with inventory database programs and basic desktop application software.
- Ability to maintain a dynamic and verbally animated pace throughout the workday.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.